Peeled chopped fresh fruit6 Cup (96 tbs)
(In Season, Such As Strawberries, Peaches, Mangoes And Pineapple)
Caster sugar2 Tablespoon (Superfine)
Versus White 1 1⁄2 Liter, chilled (8 Cups)
Cointreau 60 Milliliter (2 Measures)
Maraschino liqueur 30 Milliliter (1 Measure)
Place 4-5 cups fruit in punch bowl; sprinkle with sugar; stand 1 hour. Cover fruit with enough ice to fill half the bowl. Pour over wine, Cointreau and maraschino liqueur; stir. Decorate with remaining fruit.
The Versus Ginger Delight cocktail is a great drink to celebrate and embrace summer.
60ml Versus Red
100ml Ginger ale
Pour both ingredients over ice in a large wine glass. Garnish with slices of lemon, lime and orange, and serve.
Here’s how to make a white wine spritzer.
- 125ml white wine (Versus will be just right)
- Soda water or mineral water
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a white wine glass or highball glass with ice.
- Pour in the wine.
- Top with club soda or mineral water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition starts 1 February and closes 28 February 2014.
- Open to all residents of South Africa aged 18 or over except employees of the promoter, their families and anyone professionally involved with this promotion.
- Participating stores are only Tops at Spar Stellenbosch and Tops at Spar Die Boord.
- To Enter, get a Versus Loyalty card from a participating store. Collect a Versus sticker for every bottle of Versus wine you buy from a participating store and stick it onto the back of your loyalty card. Once you have 12 stickers, complete your details underneath the stickers on the back of the loyalty card and submit it to a participating store.
- Multiple entries per person allowed.
- For every loyalty card with 12 Versus stickers and contact details, the card holder will receive 1 000 ml Versus free of charge.
- Participants may be required to take part in publicity.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
Promoter: Versus, Stellenbosch Vineyards, R310, Baden Powell Drive, Stellenbosch, 7600
-90 ml Versus Naturally Sweet Red
-30 ml white rum
-30 ml club soda
-1 tbsp. grenadine
Shake Versus Red, rum & grenadine with ice. Pour into a rocks glass over ice. Top with club soda & cherry.
- 1 cup cold Versus White
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons peach liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- Garnish (optional): Lime slices and/or orange slices, straws
- Place the wine, orange liqueur, peach liqueur, orange juice, lime juice, and honey in blender. Add frozen peaches.
- Process until smooth. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish as desired.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice into the simmering water. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel, and place peel in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
Pour in the wine and heat until steaming but not simmering. Remove the clove-studded orange halves. Serve hot in mugs or glasses that have been preheated in warm water (cold glasses will break.)